Do you like to play local multiplayer games on your pc? If yes, then I am sure you are already familiar with Hamachi. But still, let’s start from the beginning. Hamachi is a popular virtual private network. You can set up a secure connection between computers across the internet using Hamachi. It’s help you to play online games with your friends. Yes you read it right! Gamers often use Hamachi to play games with their friends. Actually, Hamachi create a virtual LAN network and makes connections with your friends. You can also connect other computers to your personal Hamachi network.
But after the release of windows 10, many users complaining that Hamachi is not working well in windows 10. Even they think Hamachi no longer functioning on windows 10, but it’s not true. You can fix this error easily. Even Now day’s gamers are using Hamachi alternative for smoother gaming experience. So today, in this post we are going to fix this error in windows 10.
How to Fix Hamachi Does Not Work In Windows 10?
There are many methods available to fix this error. Here, we are sharing some best working method to fix this Hamachi error. I am sure, at least one of these methods will work for you.
Run Hamachi as administration
- Close your Hamachi and make sure it is not running on your desktop background.
- Now find the shortcut of Hamachi and right click on it.
- Select “run as administrator”.
- That’s it. This method is simple but according to some users it works like charm.
Now follow below steps to to set Hamachi to always run with administrative privileges.
- Right click on Hamachi and choose properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab > Check Run This Program as an Administrator and click on OK.
Restart Your PC
If you want to fix Hamachi error in windows 10 then you can do it by simply restarting your pc. Sometimes restarting your pc will work and your problem will be fix.
Update Hamachi Drivers
- Select windows key + X and choose device manager.
- Navigate to Network adapters and select Update driver.
- Now select browse my computer for driver software.
- Wait until the drivers update.
Disable Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
Sometime Microsoft network adapter multiplexor protocol is the main issue behind the Hamachi error in windows 10. So in this section we are going to disable Microsoft network adapter multiplexor protocol. You can fix this problem by following below steps.
- Go to control panel and
- Here you have to delete the network bridge.
- Now go to Local Area Connection and right click it.
- Uncheck the Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
- Finally, Restart your computer and install the Hamachi.
I hope this solution will work for you. There many more methods available to fix Hamachi is not working in windows 10 error, some of them is Deleting the Hamachi registry entries and Uninstalling the conflicting software. You can also solve this error by turn on the Hamachi tunneling engine service.